Tryouts for the 2022-2023 season have been completed. Please check back next year for the 2023-2024 tryout schedule.
We are very excited for the upcoming season and hope that you are as well. In preparation for tryouts, please review all of the information below.
Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early to allow for check-in and to begin warming up so that tryouts can start on time.
There is a $15 flat fee for attending tryouts to be paid at the door. Cash or check only will be accepted at the door. **Please note that the try out fee is separate from the USAV membership fee.
Parents are more than welcome to stay and observe during try outs, or can come back at the end to pick up your child. Due to limited space, no seating will be available for parents during tryouts.
There will be a mandatory Player/Parent Informational Meeting for all players that accept a spot on a team on Sunday, November 13. All teams will meet from 4:00-6:00pm at Vernon Middle School. We will meet in the cafeteria as a full group, and then break into teams and meet with your coaches.
What needs to be done before tryouts?
- Please be sure to complete the registration form before you come to try-outs. If you are unable to do so, there will be a computer available to complete the form at try-outs. This registration is for Marion Magic Volleyball Club and will be used to maintain our records and assist with scheduling information when creating practice and tournament schedules for teams.
- Register with Iowa Region of USA Volleyball. Click on one of the buttons below to either renew or create your membership. USA Volleyball sanctions all of our tournaments, provides scoring training, referee training, club staff background checks, and insurance to all events. Most volleyball clubs in the area are affiliated with USA Volleyball and an annual membership is required.
What to expect the day of tryouts?
When both the parent and player arrive on the day of tryouts, there will be many things going on at once. When you arrive, please check in at the registration table. We will check that the player has registered with Marion Magic and the player has a current USA Volleyball membership. You will also pay the $15 tryout fee and complete a medical wavier form. Once the player has signed in, they will put a name tag on and then head into the gym to warm up.
If any of the steps are not completed, we will ask that the parents assist the player in completing the steps before the playing will be allowed to enter the gym. We will have a few laptops available to assist with completing the online registration form and/or updating the USA Volleyball Memberships.
Coaches will run a series of various drills and exercises to see the player’s skills and abilities. Some coaches may participate more than others while some may just observe. Every player that attends tryouts will be notified via phone or email if an offer is extended or not.
More Information On USA Volleyball Memberships
Every person trying out for a club team, as well as all staff working at a tryout, must have a current USA Volleyball Membership. For membership options and to sign up for a membership, please visit the USAV registration page by clicking on the button below.2021-2022 memberships expire on October 31, 2022. In order to participate in this year’s try outs, returning members need to use the Renew Membership link on the Registration page. New members to USA Volleyball need to use the New Member link. If transferring from another region contact the Region Office to get affiliation changed PRIOR to renewing.
2021-2022 memberships expire on October 31, 2022. In order to participate in this year’s try outs, returning members need to use the Renew Membership link on the Registration page. New members to USA Volleyball need to use the New Member link. If transferring from another region contact the Region Office to get affiliation changed PRIOR to renewing.
When signing up to attend tryouts, you can choose:
- Oct/Nov Tryout Membership at $15
- One Day Membership at $10
- Full Membership.
Check the 2022-2023 Membership Fees for additional membership options explanations. Both the Oct/Nov Tryout and One Day memberships are upgradeable to a full membership by paying the remaining fee. If the $10 one day membership is used multiple times, only $10 goes towards upgrade to full member.
Once logged into the USAV membership site:
- Review the 2022-23 Iowa Region Membership Fees
- Select to Renew Membership
- You can choose “Undecided” as your club prior to tryouts, and then update that to your current club after you are accepted on to a team. The club you will select is Marion Magic VBC.
- Be sure to print out your membership card or confirmation page showing membership is Pending (one day members’ card won’t be printable until date of participation) and bring a copy to your tryouts to show that you have a current membership. Take a copy of your Medical Release to each tryout also.
Still have questions?
Click on any of the links below for additional documentation from the Iowa Region Office for this year’s memberships.